Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sharing

A presentation on Tuesday inspired me to share my recipes with the class. For a recap the presentation was about how other cultures share food to keep their culture alive. Being a wife, that goes to school full time and work 40+ hours a week; I decided to share two recipes one for people that enjoy meat and another for the vegetarians and Vegans. These recipes are quick and easy, but taste delicious!
The first recipe is Chicken and Red Potatoes (severs 4);
Ingredients for the marinade:
2 cups Vegetable oil
1 tsp. Ground Marjoram
1 tsp. Dried Thyme leaves
1 tsp. Dried Oregano leaves
1 large Lemon
In a bowl pour vegetable oil. Add marjoram, thyme, and oregano. Stir all together. Cut lemon in half, squeeze the juice into the bowl and place the left over lemon to the side. Stir once again. Pour bowl into a zip lock bag and add the lemon halves into the bag.
Chicken:
4 boneless chicken breast
Place the chicken into the zip lock bag the marinade is in. Close the bag and move the marinade around so all the chicken is covered. Place the bag in the refrigerator and let sit for at least 1 hour (the longer the better!!)
After the chicken has absorbed the marinade:
Place on your boiler sheet and place in the broiler for 30 minutes (time may vary depending on oven). Turn once half way through time.
Ingredients for the Red Potatoes:
4 large red potatoes
Butter
Sour Cream
Garlic Salt
Bring a large pot of water to biol. Place the washed red potatoes into the boiling water. Done when a fork can easily go through it.
Once tender; cut the potatoes and add butter, sour cream, and garlic salt.
Serve immediately&⁡nd enjoy!
For the second recipe I decided to indulge in the Vegan world once more! Being a former Vegan (I was Vegan for 4 years and a Vegetarian for 5) I thought I would pass a stir fry that to this day is still one of my favorites!
Ingredients:
1 package of Instant Rice
1 pound of Favorite Vegetables of your choice
1 package of original tofu (if desired you can use flavored)
1 bottle of soy sauce
Olive oil
Prep:
Wash all vegetables. Cut the tofu into half inch cubes.
Cooking:
In the microwave cook the rice (directions on the back of the box). In a large pan add a splash of olive oil. Place vegetables in the pan (finished when tender). Add the tofu right before vegetables a finished to give time to absorb the taste. Add the cooked rice in the pan. Stir together. Add desirable amount of soy sauce.
I hope that these become a favorite to you. They are relatively healthy (the potatoes have a lot of fat) and are very tasty.

1 comment:

Richard Debra said...

An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get cure from my fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957