Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thank you and Goodbye

Now that the semester is coming to an end I thought I would take this opportunity to say thank you and goodbye to everyone.
Thank you to everyone that has made me thinks throughout our discussions. It was very helpful to have so many different thoughts on the same concept I was pondering. Everyone’s thoughtful questions and answers really gave me different aspects and ideas for me to formulate. I have really opened my mind about the reading due to everyone’s feedback. One example that truly impacted my life was the differences between memory and history. It’s so intertwined that it can get very opinionated and stuck in stone for so many different people. Through our discussion of it, the concept of ownership really came to me. You cannot own history but the memories you own create the history we read and live everyday. We all have different lifestyles through the same time period but yet we can all come to the unity of pinpointing aspects that made an impact on the masses and create that into our history.
I also wanted to say goodbye. To everyone that is seniors this year, I wish the best you in your future. Everyone in this class has the ambition to succeed in whatever you set your minds to. For those that are still going to be attending Redlands, I hope to have another class with you during my last year here, you all are amazing students and hope you can help my critical thinking in year to come.
Pryia, thank you for the way your class is designed. The ability to walk into the classroom and have it open to whatever ideas pop in our head truly helps. We all know the ways that we were raised and the type of students we are, but when we get to hear others every class it

1 comment:

Katherine Bell said...

Ashley, I just wanted to tell you that you did such a good job on your presenation. I really liked how you were so interested in what you were learning. Memories in your family seem to be very special to you. I agree with you 100% about this class. I also learned alot from it. I never knew that one can read a book so thouroughly as we did in this class. We dicussed the author, the art on the cover of the books, and even plays that compare and contrast with the books. Therefore, I agree with you, thank you Priya!!!! You have opened a door for me to write better and to try harder than before.